Hotel on lake Geneva
The Littoral*** hotel is ideally located in the heart of Evian-les-Bains, facing Lake Geneva and a stone throw away from many attractions, restaurants and the Palais Lumière.
How to get to Littoral Hotel ?
Our address is :
9 avenue de Narvik,
GPS coordinates :
Latitude : 46.4014 | Longitude : 6.5887
Paris 580 km (360 miles) through highway A6 / A40 / N206 / D1005
Lyon 190 km (118 miles) through highway A42 / A40 / N206 / D1005
Annecy 85 km (52 miles) through highway A41 / N206 / D1005
Geneva 45 km (27 miles) through highway D1005
The train station of Evian-les-Bains is 10 minutes away on foot.
Information and reservations : www.voyages-sncf.com et 3635
The pier is 5 minute away on foot.
Lausanne / Evian ride is available everyday.
Crossing over takes 35 minutes.
Information and reservations : www.cgn.ch ou (00 41) 900 929 929
The closest international airport is the Geneva/Cointrin airport 48 km (30 miles) away, an hour and twenty minutes away by car.
You can book a cab in advance. Rental cars available at the airport.
Information and reservations : www.gva.ch ou (00 41) 900 57 15 00
Genève45 km 0h55
Annecy85 km 1h15
Lyon190 km 2h30
Paris580 km 6h00
Between lake and mountains, Evians-les-Bains, city of light and water
Evian-les-Bains is renowned for its spring water flowing underground which nowadays everybody can enjoy. Even though the main attraction is the water, Evian is full of many other things to do. The Palais Lumière is home to famous exhibitions and the pedestrian Rue Nationale offers a lot of entertainment during peak season.
Countless parks and gardens offer passersby delightful flower beds to enjoy throughout the seasons which Evian actually consistently gets rewarded for.
If you really want to feel the heartbeat of the town, we suggest you stroll through the market on Tuesday and Friday mornings where you can discover or re discover treats and flavors true to Haute-Savoie as well as the work of many local artisans.
Nightlife in Evian-les-Bains isn’t lacking with restaurants offering gourmet menus and the Casino will welcome you for a fun and hopefully lucky night.
The town activities and discovery of Evian-les-Bains
- The casino
- The town’s historical tour
- The lake front market
- The Town Hall visit, former home of the Lumière brothers
- Exhibition at the Palais Lumière d’Evian which used to be the towns thermal baths
- Discovery of the Maison Garibaldi with its exhibitions and archives of the town
- Concerts and shows at la Grange au Lac Evian organized by the Maison des Arts du Léman
- Movies at the local movie theater
- Tourist information center
- Trolley ride around town
- Hike following the path of the Evian spring water
- La route des Grandes Alpes is a trip to take on the road linking the neighboring town of Thonon-les-Bains to Menton, best enjoyed on a bike or for the fit ones, on a bicycle !
Evian-les-Bains in videos
Restaurants in Evian-les-Bains
Located in the heart of the town of Evian, the Littoral hotel is close to many restaurants.
No need to drive, most of them are actually within walking distance.
The spring water tour
Every Wednesday from July 12th until August 30th, from 9:30am to 5:50pm, departure at the tourist information center.
A guided hike taking you along the path taken by the Evian spring water from the Tréchauffex high mountain pasture (1300m high or 4260 feet), through the marsh of the Gavot plateau only to end up by the lake with a tasting of local products of the terroir.
François, mountain guide as well as Geopark Chablais UNESCO Heritage guide will drive you in mini bus to the Tréchauffex high mountain pasture and take you on a 2 hour hike. You will enjoy a picnic with a beautiful panoramic view of the lake, discover the Gavot marsh and end the circuit with a tasting of local products.
Book a tour directly with the Evian tourist information center.
Others activities in Lake
- Sail Lake Geneva on the Savoie, historic reproduction of an old time sail boat.
- Cross over to Switzerland with the CGN boat company that links Evian to Lausanne.
- Discover the coast line of Evian on the solar boat Agrion.
- Rent a boat with or without a boating license at the Evian Pro Yachting Club.
- Try sailing with the local sailing club
- Get some exercise white water rafting with two local companies Aqua-Rafting or AN-rafting
- Rent a pedal boat at the Evian mini-golf
- Enjoy the aquatic center with lake access and water skiing.
- The Bernex ski mountain is only 20 minutes away with 20km (12 miles) of ski slopes for all levels
- The Thollon-les-Mémises ski mountain with 50 km (30 miles) of ski slopes is also 20 minutes away
- The Portes du Soleil resort, half in France half in Switzerland is one of the biggest resort in the world with 650 km (405 miles) of ski slopes
- Thollon-les-Mémises and Bernex also offer hikes
- Discover the valley of Abondance
- Go down the « gorge du pont du Diable » to learn about erosion caused by the river « la Drance »